Google
 

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The road to $1,000

For the time being I am going to stay away from commenting about the market.  I think we all have had a little too much market talk lately.  For the record I have not done anything with my positions except watch them go down like everyone else.  Instead...


On the drive home today, I was wondering just how much we tend to piss away money in a seemingly infinite number of little ways.  Now I know that this is nothing new to most of you who have been through one or two financial books...most of the time it is called something akin to "The Latte Factor".  While I do not drink fancy lattes everyday from Star$$ it does not meant that we don't do this in many other ways.   And a penny saved IS a penny earned...so my gaol is to keep track of all the little things that I do daily and keep a running total.  That way I can see how long it will take before we get to $1K. 

Today I cleaned one of the A/C units in our house.  I know that would have cost me $35 so today I saved $35.   I have two more to get to at some point...so that should help...

Total:  $35

That is all for tonight

No comments: