Google
 

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Debt leaving college: Ready....Set....GO!!!

For the record, when the Mrs. and I left college and headed out into the real world we had a debt load of roughly $30K. Jen's edumacation hangover was only about 4K since she went to NMSU and got in-state rates. Mine was the remaining $26K. Seeing as how my school at the time was ~$24K per year (~$96K total), I figure $26K in edumacation hangover was actually a pretty good result...

I did own my truck outright at the time which was worth about $13,000 and we had a little cash tucked away to get a start in the real world...so I would say that we started our post edumacation life together with a total net worth of $0!!! Could have been a lot worse ;-)

Moving forward I plan to discuss our net worth through time...hopefully someone can learn from our mistakes and our successes!

No comments: