Google
 

Monday, February 11, 2008

Nothing to say...

So unfortunately I have had zero time to watch the markets lately. All I know is that things seemed to have settled out around the 12K mark. I still have not seen a really good trend emerging that says things get significantly better in the next few months so I really do not feel compelled to go flying back into the market just yet. Instead I will use this time (whenever I get some) to look for some stocks which are solid and can weather the storm. Speaking of which...I should mention that of the stocks that we recommended here...

Those snoring dividend stocks are holding up well (ROH +6%, TTM even, FWLT +1%, GLS +10%, DSX even) despite the market meltdown of almost 15%.

Those high fliers are not holding up well (GOOG only up 10% vs being up 50% before, AAPL -20%, STV -20%). So it just goes to show that you must be diversified or you will get killed. Having said that...tech is looking pretty cheap...but is usually one of the last to rebound....you have time!

And props to Sue for her comment left on the last post....well done.....spoken like a true old fogie ;-) JK!

2 comments:

CherkyB said...

When did people our age start saying "props"? Did I miss a memo?

Rob said...

"our age"....speak for yourself old man