Google
 

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Say goodbye to my Brazilian friend

Today my trailing stop triggered the sale of TNE. I set it at -5% and over the past two days it has gone down more than that. So this morning it sold it at $18.55...locking in a 41% gain. Closer to 40.5% after factoring in the $15 dividend and the commissions. Overall, not a bad trade. I am sure that the stock will probably continue to climb eventually but since I am out...I will wait for this one to take a breather.

Now we have another issue...where to put all that money...we can't just leave it there in the bank after all ;-) Ones that I am currently looking at: GOOG, YHOO, TTM and GLS.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YHOO?!? Curious choice as I have not read good things about their future recently. But, then again, you are a lot closer to that situation than I will ever be!!!

CherkyB said...

That's the problem with Brazilians. They don't last more than a few days.

Rob said...

I was waiting for you to catch that one ;-) I might just have to buy some back to enjoy a little longer.